Living and working in Toronto means being part of a diverse and dynamic community that offers a wide range of professional, cultural and entertainment opportunities. Toronto is a bustling metropolis, with a vibrant downtown and many lively neighbourhoods, each with its own unique charm and character.
Being Canada's most populated city, Toronto is a very exciting city with something for everyone. As a resident, you will be able to enjoy some of the best food, music, art, and theater that the country has to offer. The city is also home to many museums, galleries, and historical sites, which makes it a fantastic place to learn and explore. In terms of practicalities, Toronto offers excellent public services, including transportation, healthcare, education, and public safety.
Overall, living in Toronto means being part of a thriving and diverse community that values innovation, creativity, and inclusivity, with plenty of opportunities for personal and professional growth!
Our studio is located in the Lower Junction Triangle, in the West End of Toronto. Once an industrial and manufacturing hub bordered by three rail lines, the rail is now used for the GO Train and Union Pearson Express trains. Today, the mixed-use spaces in the neighbourhood and the surrounding area are home to a convergence of different types of businesses and residents, including art galleries, cafes, restaurants, and shops.
The studio sits on the 10th floor in the historic Auto Bldg that was built in 1919 as an aluminium factory. Originally one of Toronto’s tallest towers, the 10-story structure is known for its unique architecture with fluted columns and industrial barn doors, and is also home to the MOCA Museum on the first three floors.
Our Toronto studio is equipped with a large kitchen that allows us to enjoy meals as well as gatherings at the studio. We also offer a secure bicycle parking in the basement of the building, making it possible to bike to and from work.
In the summer, we can take advantage of our beautiful private terrace where we host events. You can even see the Toronto Fireworks and the Canadian International Air Show from our terrace!
There are so many different places you can choose to live, you’ll be sure to find the perfect spot for your needs and tastes!
To find affordable apartment rentals, many Torontonians use:
If you’re looking for general information when renting in Toronto, www.padmapper.com and www.viewit.ca are great internet resources that can help answer lots of your questions! Make sure that you find furnished/unfurnished/semi-furnished apartments depending on your needs.
Health | If you have been a resident of Ontario for three months, you are entitled to health care services paid for by the Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP). You must have a health card to access these services.
For more information visit this website
List of hospitals close to the studio:
The west end of Toronto is home to several hospitals and medical centers that provide a range of healthcare services to residents and visitors. Here are some of the hospitals located in the west end of Toronto, all located within 20 minutes from the studio:
Daycare | In Toronto, there are several recognized daycare services available for families to choose from. These services include:
- Licensed Child Care Centers: a service regulated by the City of Toronto which offers full-day or half-day programs for children aged 0-12 years.
- Home Child Care Agencies: a service which provides childcare services in a home-based setting.
Education | The west end of Toronto is home to many excellent public schools, offering a wide range of programs and services. Here are some of the public schools located near our studio:
- Fern Avenue Junior and Senior Public School
- Parkdale Junior and Senior Public School
- Indian Road Crescent Junior Public School
- Dovercourt Public School
Sports | There are many sports that you can enjoy in Toronto, whether you are a fan of watching or participating. Here are some of the most popular sports:
- Hockey - Hockey is the most popular sport in Canada, and Toronto is home to the Toronto Maple Leafs, who play in the National Hockey League (NHL)
- Basketball - Toronto is also home to the Toronto Raptors, the only Canadian team in the National Basketball Association (NBA)
- Baseball - The Toronto Blue Jays, a Major League Baseball (MLB) team, play their home games at the Rogers Centre in downtown Toronto.
- Soccer - Toronto FC, a Major League Soccer (MLS) team, plays its home games at BMO Field.
Aside from these professional sports teams, there are many opportunities for recreational sports in Toronto, including running, cycling, tennis, golf, and more. The city has many parks and recreation facilities, making it easy to stay active and healthy.
Festivals | Toronto's multicultural identity is reflected in the variety of festivals that take place throughout the year. Some of the most popular include:
- The NXNE festival
- Toronto Jazz Festival
- Toronto Pride
- Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF)
- Nuit blanche Toronto
Toronto is also home to many street festivals, allowing people from all backgrounds to come together and celebrate.
Nightlife | Toronto has a vibrant and diverse nightlife scene that caters to a wide range of interests and preferences. Whether you are looking for a quiet evening out with friends or a night of dancing and partying, Toronto has something to offer.
Here are some popular nightlife destinations in Toronto:
- King Street West - known for its trendy bars, clubs, and restaurants. It is a popular destination for young professionals.
- Queen Street West - home to many live music venues, art galleries, and independent shops.
- The Entertainment District - home to many theaters, concert venues, and nightclubs.
- Kensington Market - known for its eclectic mix of bars, cafes, and restaurants. It is a great place to explore and try new foods.