VFX Art Director
Published on 2021-04-30
Folks has built a solid reputation in the industry as an artist-driven boutique studio. We value detail-oriented design through teamwork and creativity. We are known for great storytelling through high-end visual effects.
We are currently seeking for a talented and experienced VFX Art Director to work at our Montreal studios. This is a full-time position available immediately. We offer a great work environment, salaries to match your skills and a comprehensive benefits package.
- Work with the producer and core creative team to define the vision of the production.
- Partner with lead artists to develop the artistic tone.
- Create the visual style guide (put together mood boards, references, and descriptions).
- Coordinate and oversee the art team throughout production.
- Find balance between artistic aspects and technical constraints.
- Provide leadership and constructive feedback to achieve quality.
- Collaborate with members of interdependent teams in all stages of the production.
- Creates high-end concept art that creatively and technically inform VFX execution
- Creates key art imagery that establishes or conveys a visual direction
- Collaborates with show teams to help define effective solutions to key creative challenges
The ideal candidate should have:
- Leadership experience in the VFX industry (or other relevant experience)
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience as a concept artist or other closely related experience inside the creative digital industry (games, film, VFX etc.)
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, communication, interpersonal, presentation, and mentorship skills
- Ability to accept feedback and adapt to it
- Diverse portfolio showcasing your range of skills
- Knowledge of traditional art techniques including drawing, painting, proportion, anatomy, composition, and perspective
- Exceptional Photoshop skills (required)
- Working knowledge of 3D software for quick modeling for concept (suggested)
- Experience in story-boarding is a plus
- Z-brush sculpting experience
- Experience in Motion Graphic Design is a plus
- Excellent communication, time-management, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision; strong problem solving skills.
If you think you’ve got what it takes to join Folks, please fill out the form below to set-up an interview.